Thursday 9 January 2014

Halfway through the first week

It's been a few days since I have updated, mostly because I didn't want to come on here and repeat myself or tell you all about the food I have been eating.

So, I am now halfway through my first week, and I have been doing really well!! I am really happy with how I have gone.  The first 2 days were hard with wanting chocolate, but now I am doing much better. Yes, I still kinda want it, but not to the same extent.  I am hoping in another week or so I will get to the point where I can take it or leave it.

Eating-wise I have stuck to my plan with the exception of coffee... I know I should count it, but right now I just don't want to restrict myself too much. As long as I am not going overboard, at the moment I am happy to keep those in. Might not necessarily be the "right" attitude, but I'm thinking less pressure and less stress. I thought I would really struggle with eating less, but it hasn't really been an issue. I seem to want to eat more at night (which is normal for me), so have been keeping a snack aside for that.  The only big issue I need to work around is figuring out lunches on days where I am working. I don't want to keep buying lunches, so I need to get into a routine of making my lunch the night before or something.  It's the problem with working the lunch cover.

I have been to the gym twice this week; Monday and today. I will go again tomorrow and I am supposed to go on Saturday as well... I am not sure how that will go though. When I signed up for Curves Complete I found out that they would like 4 workouts, not 3 as I had planned and expected. Now I am not quite sure where to fit in the extra workout. But I am hoping that over the next couple of weeks I will be able to figure the 4th workout into a regular spot, even if I have to wait until Nessa is back at school.

I am also supposed to be making sure I get my steps up each day. Overall I need to aim for 10,000 steps, but initially they recommend aiming for 5000 steps a day. I have had a Fitbit Flex since August last year and I have worn it everyday since then (even have a tanline going on from it!). This is what I am using to track my steps.  So far I am averaging around the 6000 mark, so not too bad really. I know that I need to do a little more to get to the 10000, but at the moment I am just keeping it simple, especially as it is only my first week! My plan with this is actually to keep everything exactly as it is until Nessa goes back to school, as we will be walking to school then, and I should be able to easily hit my goals then.

Tonight I also started looking at next weeks meal plan.  The food is increasing, as has the options, so I am just getting started again. I am trying to find things that will suit everyone in the family, that might only need to be tweaked slightly (for example, I am the only one who likes green beans, so I would make those just for me and I hate broccoli and cauliflower but B and Nessa like those.) I have already had a couple of meals that I really enjoy, so will be making those again and I have found a love of peanut butter on toast!! I actually never really liked it before, but right now it is just amazing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment